If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dinner that is packed with flavor and nutrients, look no further than this Greek chicken sheet pan dinner. This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a meal that is both healthy and satisfying. It’s also a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you may have in your fridge.
We love quick and easy meals that create the smallest amount of dishes to clean and we have heard from our readers that this is one of the best sheet pan chicken recipes! Check out our other quick and easy recipes here.
Greek Chicken Marinade
The star of this recipe is the Greek chicken marinade. Made with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, thyme, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper, this marinade is bursting with Mediterranean flavors. The chicken breasts are coated in the marinade and allowed to soak up all the delicious flavors for at least 10-15 minutes. If you have the time, you can even let the chicken marinate for a few hours or overnight for even more flavor.
Nothing tastes better than all the yummy Greek herbs and veggies coming together to season your chicken. Not only does it taste so yummy, this recipe and marinade also helps to maintain juiciness in the chicken, cooking it perfectly to a tender melt-in-your-mouth state.
Can I substitute for greek chicken thighs? Can I use different veggies?
Absolutely! The chicken breasts can easily be substituted for chicken thighs depending on your preference. The flavors, herbs, and veggies will season the chicken thighs equally well.
This recipe calls for zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and cherry tomatoes, but feel free to mix and match with whatever veggies you have on hand. Simply slice the veggies and toss them in the remaining marinade. This not only adds flavor to the veggies but it also helps them cook evenly in the oven.
Once the veggies are arranged on a sheet pan, it’s time to add the chicken. The chicken is placed on top of the veggies and everything is baked in the oven for 40 minutes. During the last few minutes of cooking, sprinkle some feta cheese on top of the chicken and veggies for an extra burst of flavor and creaminess.
While the chicken and veggies are baking, it’s the perfect time to prepare the Tzatziki sauce. This classic Greek sauce is made with grated cucumber, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and dried dill. Simply mix everything together and add salt to taste.
Serving the One Pan Greek Chicken Dish
Once everything is done cooking, it’s time to assemble the meal. Serve the chicken and veggies on a platter with a dollop of Tzatziki sauce on top. The flavors in this dish are absolutely amazing – the tender and juicy chicken, the perfectly roasted veggies, the tangy feta cheese, and the cool and refreshing Tzatziki sauce. It’s a complete meal that is both healthy and satisfying.
I love to serve the chicken and veggies with basmati rice for a more full meal. One of the best things about sheet pan meals is how easy they are to customize. If you prefer chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, simply use them instead. You can also mix and match the veggies that suit your taste – try adding some sliced mushrooms, broccoli, or sweet potato. The possibilities are endless!
Sheet pan dinners are also great for meal prep. Simply prepare the marinade and veggies ahead of time, and store them in separate containers in the fridge. When you’re ready to cook, simply assemble everything on a sheet pan and bake. It’s a great way to save time and have a delicious and healthy meal ready in no time.
One Pan Greek Chicken Recipe
- 0.5 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemons juiced (about 1-2 lemons)
- 5 garlic cloves minced or crushed
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 2 zucchinis sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 0.5 pound cherry or grape tomatoes
- 0.3 cup feta cheese
- 0.5 cup cucumber grated
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 0.5 lemon juiced (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- Preheat the oven to 430°F. Cut chicken breasts into thirds and pound to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed or minced garlic, oregano, thyme, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place chicken breasts into the bowl and coat each side with 2/3 of the marinade. Marinade for 10-15 minutes (or longer for a deeper flavor).
- Prepare and place the zucchini, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle the remaining 1/3 marinade on top. Toss the veggies to coat it in the marinade.
- Once the chicken is finished marinading, add it to the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- Add feta cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- While the meal is baking, prepare the Tsatsiki sauce by mixing all ingredients (shredded cucumber, greek yogurt, lemon, olive oil, and spices).
- Add salt to taste.
- Chicken breast is my favorite cut of chicken, but chicken thighs would make a wonderful substitute.
- Lay parchment paper down on your sheet pan for quick and easy cleaning!
- Use a large sheet pan: Make sure you have enough space on your sheet pan to spread out the chicken and vegetables in a single layer. This ensures even cooking and a nice caramelized exterior.
- Each oven cooks differently, so make sure you check the readiness and temperature of your chicken and adjust cooking times accordingly.
- Use a meat thermometer: To ensure that your chicken is cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Chicken should be cooked to 165°F.
- Let it rest: After removing the sheet pan from the oven, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier, more flavorful chicken.
This Greek chicken sheet pan dinner is a must-try recipe for anyone who loves Mediterranean flavors. The chicken is marinated in a delicious blend of olive oil, lemon juice, and herbs, and baked alongside a variety of veggies for a complete and satisfying meal. Add some feta cheese and Tzatziki sauce on top for an extra burst of flavor. It’s a meal that is both healthy and delicious, and perfect for busy weeknights.